Weslo cadence G 5.9 treadmill reviews
Running! It’s a real love/hate topic. It tends to divide people into one of two camps pretty quickly. You either love running and can’t get enough of it or the very thought of it makes you feel ill. Well, regardless of which camp you are in there are a range of reasons so consider options such as the Weslo cadence G 5.9 treadmill.
Any good quality treadmill offers the option to get your cardio fix indoors. This can be a great option when the weather is not great or if you just don’t feel like venturing out.
Weslo cadence G 5.9 treadmill
Now, of course there are a lot of different treadmills on the market. From ultra-basic manual, non-motorized treadmills which are generally terrible. Right through to the high-end, fancy-pants stuff you see in exclusive sports clubs.
If you’re like me, you will be looking for a good quality, solid treadmill that gets the job done and doesn’t cost the same as a small car. That’s where the weslo cadence g 5.9 comes in.
In terms of value for money, its offers a lot for a little price. Let’s take a look at the details:
Weslo cadence specs:
- Motor: 2.25 HP Impulse Motor (reasonably powerful)
- Incline: 2-position manual incline (offers some options)
- Treadbelt: 16″ X 50″ (this is the running surface area)
- Speed: 0-10MPH with quickspeed control
- Weight Capacity: 250 pounds (keep this in mind when buying)
- Dimensions: 64.5″-L X 29″-W X 55.5″-H (won’t take up too much space)
It also has 6 built-in personal trainer workouts and comes with a 1-year motor warranty. It also has a 90-day parts and labor warranty.
Other special features:
There are a number of additional features that come with the weslo cadence g 5.9 treadmill. These are designed to enhance your workouts and maximize the benefit of using the treadmill. Some of the top features we thought were good were:
- Easy pulse heart rate monitor- This gives you your heart rate readout by placing your thumb on the easy pulse sensor which is built into the console.
- Blue-tint LCD with priority display- This allows you to track your workout progress by making it easier to read the console. It tracks speed, time, distance and calories burned providing plenty of options for those who are keeping records of their workout progress.
- Comfort cell cushioning- this is a feature designed to reduce stress on your joints while increasing comfort during your workout. This is achieved with special layering of cushioning fo impact absorption. An important feature for anyone with a history of joint issues.
What’s the workout like?
The weslo cadence g 5.9 treadmill comes with 6 pre-loaded workout programs. These were designed by personal trainers which comes in handy if you are a beginner.
You can of course choose not to use these pre-set options and just get started at your own pace.
As I mentioned earlier the maximum speed is 10MPH. This is fine for walking and jogging so beginners and those looking for light exercise should find this does just fine. If you are a bit of a running enthusiast and you are seeking a more intensive or faster workout then the weslo cadence is probably not for you.
Overall the options are reasonably limited but I thought they were sufficient given the low price of this model.
Space to keep and store the treadmill
One thing I forgot to mention is that the weslo cadence G 5.9 is a folding treadmill. This is an important point to note. It already has a footprint of just 63.5″ by 29″ which is pretty good but being able to fold up the deck means you can store it neatly in a corner or in a closet.
If you live in a small apartment or share floor space this is a great option to have.
Things to look out for
A few things I thought were not so great about this treadmill were:
- The warranty is pretty short. This could leave you with no comeback if something goes wrong outside of the warranty period.
- The running deck is quite small compared to some other treadmills intended for home use. While this is not the end of the world some users might find this annoying at higher speeds.
- It would be nice if the incline was automated but manual adjustment is to be expected in this price range.
Whats the verdict on this weslo treadmill?
While there are a few things to watch out for (see above), this model delivers a lot for the price. My experience overall was pretty good and thousands of other happy users have given it a pretty good rating too so we can’t all be wrong.
As I said earlier, if you are a seasoned runner with a need for speed look elsewhere for a more sophisticated treadmill. If however you are a beginner or just want to start burning some calories in your own home then the weslo cadence will do just fine.
Its available at the moment at a discounted price. You can check out the exact latest pricing below for the best deal.Check discounted pricing